Christ Church Plymouth Food Pantry

We are called as a parish and as volunteers to provide safe, nutritious food to the food insecure individuals and families in our diverse community.

The Christ Church Food Pantry is one of the largest in the Plymouth area. The pantry is responsible for serving at least 175 individuals and families per month – that’s over 2100 families a year. CCFP’s commitment to meeting the needs of food insecure individuals and families means that our neighbors from any town are welcome when they are in need.

tall shelves stacked full with can goods, past, beans and condiments

Hours:

The Christ Church Food Pantry is open at the times listed below to serve clients by appointment

  • Tuesday 4:00-5:15pm
  • Thursday 12:00-1:15pm and 4:00-5:15pm
  • Saturday 10:00-11:15am

Please call us at least 24 hours in advance at 508-746-4959, extension 6, to leave a message with your name and phone number. A volunteer will call you to take your order and schedule a time for you to pick up your order.

Due to the pandemic, we cannot have clients inside the pantry. If you have an emergency need for food, you can come to the pantry and speak to a volunteer during our operating hours. We will do our best to give you some food until you can put in a full order.

We partner with the Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) and the South Shore Community Action Council's Food Distribution Center to keep our pantry stocked with staples along with as many nutritious fresh fruits and vegetables and fresh dairy as we can.

Monthly deliveries from the GBFB bring in about 90% of our supplies, which are either available at no cost or purchased at greatly reduced prices from GBFB. Donations from the parish and the community make up the other 10%.

There are several items not regularly available from GBFB that are very popular with our clients. Below is a list of such items you may wish to donate. Please do not donate anything with an expiration date before 2020. A collection basket will be placed in the church entryway or may be made directly to the Pantry during hours of operation.

Personal care items, e.g., body lotion, tooth brushes and tooth paste, shampoo and conditioner
Condiments, e.g., ketchup and mustard, pickles, olives, relish, salad dressings
Coffee

Tea

Ramen noodles

Beef stew

Paper towels

Laundry detergent

Dish washing liquid

 
The Pantry is operated and staffed by volunteers from Christ Church parish as well as committed individuals from the Plymouth area, making it a truly community endeavor.

Get Involved!

We welcome volunteers to be part of this wonderful community program.

We need help unloading our GBFB delivery on the first Thursday of each month from 7:30-8:30am, help taking and filling orders for a pantry shift, and stocking shelves.

To learn more about us and to volunteer, call our number and leave a brief message: 508-746-4959, extension 6.